[Bf-committers] Proposal for new plugin API

Peter Schlaile peter at schlaile.de
Sun Mar 18 20:43:58 CET 2007

Hi,

I added my proposal for a new generic plugin API to the wiki

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Requests/Plugin-System

please feel free to comment (preferably using the discussion page).

@Scott: Sorry, I was already working more than a week on this. I'm also
not sure, if this is worth 2 months of work, since it boils down to
shuffle some interfaces around. (I'm planning to get this into the next
release, to be honest.) But please take a look at the proposal. Maybe I
missed something and there is really a lot of work left, that can be
put into a GSOC project proposal.

Greetings,
Peter