[Bf-committers] NURBS (SoC)

Chris Want cwant at ualberta.ca
Thu Mar 15 20:34:54 CET 2007

Esben Stien wrote:
> It would be nice if NURBS was put up on the SoC page;). Blender is an
> excellent tool, but it really needs better NURBS tools;).

We had a NURBS related GSoC project in 2005 (integration of Nurbana
into Blender). Although that project met it's goals, it was not and
is still not ready for inclusion into Blender. The student that worked
on that project (Emmanuel Stone) would very much like to see that
work continued and extended, but he doesn't have a lot of time to
work on it himself. My main concern is that I'm not sure how good
it would look to have another NURBS related project for GSoC when
the first NURBS GSoC project has yet to really bear fruit. I would
suggest that anybody interested in NURBS contact Emmanuel and offer
to help out.

Regards,
Chris