[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/release/scripts scripttemplate_mesh_edit.py blender/source/blender/blenkernel BKE_exotic.h blender/source/blender/blenkernel/intern exotic.c blender/source/blender/include BSE_headerbuttons.h blender/source/blender/python/api2_2x Blender.c blender/source/blender/radiosity/intern/source radpreprocess.c ...

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Tue Mar 13 12:43:01 CET 2007

Hi,

Campbell has discussed it with me. This format was really there only
for nostalgic reasons (used in 90ies). Its use is very limited, and
since we have python in Blender it wasn't of use at all anymore. I
would have left it in a while, where it not that it was reported to
crash in cases, and there's no time or energy to fix that.

-Ton-