[Bf-committers] MSVC Compilation Issues with BPY_python

Scott Johnson scottj at cs.umn.edu
Tue Mar 13 08:23:11 CET 2007

Hello Everyone:

I'm having some issues compiling blender source with MSVC 7.1.  I have
tried re-downloading the sources and libs from cvs, but to no avail.
:(  The problem I'm having is when the Blender project is compiled, it
links with the following errors:
BPY_python.lib(NLA.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_GenericLib_setName_with_method
BPY_python.lib(Object.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_GenericLib_setName_with_method referenced in function
_M_Object_ParentTypesDict
BPY_python.lib(Material.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_GenericLib_setName_with_method
BPY_python.lib(Lattice.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_GenericLib_setName_with_method
BPY_python.lib(Lamp.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_GenericLib_setName_with_method referenced in function _M_Lamp_New
BPY_python.lib(World.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_GenericLib_setName_with_method
BPY_python.lib(Texture.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_GenericLib_setName_with_method referenced in function
_M_Texture_BlendModesDict
BPY_python.lib(Text.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_GenericLib_setName_with_method
BPY_python.lib(Scene.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_GenericLib_setName_with_method referenced in function _M_Scene_New
BPY_python.lib(Curve.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_GenericLib_getName

... more of the same

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this for me.  I've
tried recompiling Python 2.5 from source using msvc, but that also
didn't work.

Thanks for any help you can give me,

~Scott

--
 ______________
|Scott Johnson  \___________________________
| CSCI 1113 Head Teaching Assistant         |
| Digital Technology Center                 |
| University of Minnesota                   |
| Office: Walter 460                        |
| Office Phone: 612-625-1257                |
| Web: http://www.cs.umn.edu/~scottj        |
| Email: scottj at cs.umn.edu                  |
| IRC Nick: jwir3		            |