[Bf-committers] Google Summer of Code Idea

Michael Robinson fractalgfx at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 18:32:02 CET 2007

I was thinking of something like a frame server, partly because it
would less dependent on the video IO backed (ffmpeg, qt, etc..).  This
is a more robust system, it will eliminate unnecessary data reading
and writing and will not behave unpredictably, in the event of file
corruption.

The downside of this approach is file system performance.  File system
performance degrades when directories contain a large number of files.
 Every file system is different, so for optimal performance, the frame
server would have to use different directory layouts on different
platforms.