[Bf-committers] Google Summer of Code Idea

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Mon Mar 12 18:31:15 CET 2007

On Mon, 12 Mar 2007, Timothy Baldridge wrote:

> This is why I think some type of internal SQL database would be nice.
> It would make keeping track of filenames way easier. Like what happens
> if you try to create a proxy of a proxy?

I would say that Blender's database system is far more advanced than SQL -
it's just not as accessible or generic :)

What happens to certain configurations of data is merely a question of how
the code handles it, not of the database system itself...

Anyway... just wanted to point out that basically, "offline editing" is not
very hard to achieve code-wise - just a matter of adding a bit of UI and
simple code for it...