[Bf-committers] Sound System cleanup, using SDL

Joe Eagar joeedh at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 14:16:24 CET 2007

Csaba Hruska wrote:
> Hi!
> Is the Project Openings list up to date?
> Especially the Sound System cleanup task.
> I am famailiar with SDL and I want to the cleanup work.
>
> what do you think ?
>
> thanks
> Csaba

Finally!  Yes, the sound system really needs someone to work on it.

The most urgent problem, is that OpenAL is not cooperating with SDL in
any way.  When the game engine starts, SDL should be de-initilized and
OpenAL should be initilized.  Unfortunately, this is not the case,
OpenAL is initilized on blender start, and blocks SDL.

The sound system has been up for grabs for forever :) I hope you can fix it.

Joe