[Bf-committers] Bulgarian translation - update

Ivailo Stoimenov wivern at pro-lan.net
Wed Mar 7 17:10:09 CET 2007

On Wed, 07 Mar 2007 01:20:03 +0200, Victor Dachev <vdachev at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Ivailo Stoimenov написа:
>> On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 21:02:37 +0200, Victor Dachev <vdachev at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Here is the update for the Bulgarian translation of Blender (to the
>>> last string I had :) )
>>>
>>> http://blender.cult.bg/upload/blender_updated.tar.gz
>>>
>>> http://bgfreaks.org/blender_updated.tar.gz (just a mirror)
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Victor Dachev
>>>

>> Nice job :)
>>
>> But is it possible string translation to be done before further
>> procesing?
>> What I mean is than now strings are translated just before drawing. But
>> that
>> is after clipping them to fit in a button for example or replacing
>> \s\d..... with
>> values. For first case we need to translate all possible short forms
>> (Make, Mak, Ma, M) and
>> second case makes the strings with C forward slash controls ( \ )
>> untranslatable...
>>
> I think I didn't get it...
> For translation I use gtranslator. Lame, so chances for syntax mismatch
> are minimal - original string at one side, mine translation at the
> other. Of course slashes, \s\d, \n, html tags if any and so on the same
> places in the translation as well. After tranalating some part > .mo >
> test how it works, reads and feels, make some corrections and then
> another part.
> As I'm managing the same way the translations of several programs, I
> rarely face problems, regardles the different approaches of the
> programmers.
> 05.3.2007 09:41

Не става въпрос за превода :)

It is not the translation itself I am refering to but the way than Blender
handles
displayable strings. It first translates them (gettext) then tryes to fit
them in
to the place for the button and if the string is too long it cuts some
chars from the end
and then tryes again. but since this char are cut from the original
untranslated string
the resulting string is not translated. Thus "Make" becomes "Mak" then
"Ma" and so on.
How to translate "Manual" cut to "Man"?
The \... tags are first replaced with the actual values and then
translated.
It is impossible to translate "Vertices:\s" fos s from 1 to 650000 :)