[Bf-committers] Bulgarian translation - update

Victor Dachev vdachev at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 00:20:03 CET 2007

Ivailo Stoimenov написа:
> On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 21:02:37 +0200, Victor Dachev <vdachev at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Here is the update for the Bulgarian translation of Blender (to the
>> last string I had :) )
>>
>> http://blender.cult.bg/upload/blender_updated.tar.gz
>>
>> http://bgfreaks.org/blender_updated.tar.gz (just a mirror)
>>
>> Best,
>> Victor Dachev
>>

> Nice job :)
>
> But is it possible string translation to be done before further
> procesing?
> What I mean is than now strings are translated just before drawing.
> But that
> is after clipping them to fit in a button for example or replacing
> \s\d..... with
> values. For first case we need to translate all possible short forms
> (Make, Mak, Ma, M) and
> second case makes the strings with C forward slash controls ( \ )
> untranslatable...

I think I didn't get it...
For translation I use gtranslator. Lame, so chances for syntax mismatch
are minimal - original string at one side, mine translation at the
other. Of course slashes, \s\d, \n, html tags if any and so on the same
places in the translation as well. After tranalating some part > .mo >
test how it works, reads and feels, make some corrections and then
another part.
As I'm managing the same way the translations of several programs, I
rarely face problems, regardles the different approaches of the
programmers.