[Bf-committers] Python 2.3 broken?

Toni Alatalo antont at kyperjokki.fi
Tue Mar 6 13:07:43 CET 2007

Michael Crawford kirjoitti:
> 2    PyDict_GetItemString + 40 (dictobject.c:1972)

yep Ton's crash was the same.

> impresses the crap out of people nearby).  If Blender abandons python
> 2.3 support...  these people will be

it is not being abandoned. i think 2.3 can well be supported a while
still, like a year or two?
so now just prob just has to be fixed.

> other day talking about blender (very positively) and asking if it was
> an "Apple product"...  From a mac user, that's perhaps the greatest
> compliment you can get.

indeed :)

> An alternative perhaps: if py 2.5 gains outweigh legacy concerns,
> might it be possible to have a "keychain

2.5 users can benefit from the gains there while we still maintain 2.4
and 2.3 compatibility. i dont think it is too much an effort, most py
projects support at least down to 2.3 still (it used to be down to 2.2
for long, but perhaps not so much anymore - althought many certainly
work on that too).

~Toni