[Bf-committers] Freestyle NPR for Blender: Call for

Stéphane Grabli stephane.grabli at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 19:33:24 CET 2007

Hi,

As advised by Chris, we added a small item about about Freestyle in
the rendering section of the Blender Google Summer of Code wiki page.
So far, we have received very positive feedback from the artists
community and two developers have stepped forward, so it seems that we
might be able to start this project even before the summer of code.

Many blender users think that Freestyle would better be integrated to
Blender as a composite node. We would really appreciate any feedback
from a blender developper as whether this is both realistic and the
way to go. In particular it looks like it would be useful to put this
in perspective with the changes to come in the rendering api of
blender.

Thanks for your help!

Stephane Grabli & Emmanuel Turquin

Hi Stéphane,