[Bf-committers] Re: Blendergo - layers proposal

Doug Ollivier doug at mudpuddle.co.nz
Sat Mar 3 22:53:25 CET 2007

GS
> (I hope it does not mean I can not reach layer 11
> without adding 2-10 first, as sometimes I use layer 11 for things
> related to 1)
Yes you can.  Add a new layer, right click its icon in the layer
manager, choose "change shortcut" and type "Alt+1"

I also think we need a huge discussion on the state of affairs with the
UI direction.  since starting this project for designing layers, new
things have been added that drastically change the work flow (and which
duplicate buttons all over the place)

Layer groups
Render layers (implemented just before this work started)

The proposal aims to consolidate the interface for generating these
groups, removing two or three duplications of functionality and putting
them into one.

But a much larger discussion is needed URGENTLY.  its quicker to design
usability from the beginning than try to pick up the pieces once a
feature has been implemented (otherwise people complain about changes).

Doug Ollivier