[Bf-committers] Blender 2.44 and MSVCR71.DLL on Win XP Pro x64

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Thu Jun 28 23:25:07 CEST 2007

Hello,

recently, I tried to install Blender 2.44 on Windows XP Professional x64
Edition (which is actually Windows Server 2003), and have had a few
problems:

First of all, Blender didn't want to start because it was complaining about
a missing MSVCR71.DLL. Fine, this was mentioned on the website, so I
downloaded and installed the MS thing linked to there.
However, that installer didn't install the DLL in question at all.

So, I went and got MSVCR71.DLL from somewhere else, and put it into
system32.

Still, Blender wouldn't run and was still complaining about the missing DLL.

Finally, I had to put the DLL *inside the same directory* as the Blender
executable. That solved the problem.

Maybe this should be mentioned somewhere in the docs.