[Bf-committers] [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [11011] branches/soc-2007-hcube/intern/ tinySND/intern/SND_FXMixer.cpp: Added mix function impementation.

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Fri Jun 22 19:13:16 CEST 2007

On Fri, 22 Jun 2007, Csaba Hruska wrote:

> +	mixFactor = mGain / ((float)sndNum);

> +				mBuffer[ n ] += mixFactor * buffer[0];

Hi,

I only quickly skimmed through this, and I guess I'm wrong with my
interpretation, but anyway:

>From this code, it looks as if the mixing volume of individual sounds is
dependant on the total number of concurrent sounds that are to be mixed at
any point in time. This would of course be physically wrong as each
additional sound source would introduce "compression" to the overall
mix. I guess this 'mixFactor' is compensated for elsewhere?

Alexander Ewering

[ i n s t i n c t i v e . ]      instinctive mediaworks

Zur Waldeshoehe 6                    Tel.: 02393-220558
59846 Sundern                         Fax: 02393-220559
Germany                xx-mail: xx-mail.com/instinctive