[Bf-committers] 6DOF devices branch -state of affairs

Ettore Pasquini ettore_pasquini at 3dconnexion.com
Fri Jun 22 03:48:03 CEST 2007

On 6/21/07 3:52 AM, "Carsten Wartmann" <cw at blenderbuch.de> wrote:

> However, I am not a developer, I am only capable to get the sources and
> compile them (mostly).
>
> So my question, is there already a actual patch and some documentation
> on how to get it to work?

There's a dedicated branch and a Mac plugin:

https://svn.blender.org/svnroot/bf-blender/branches/ndof/
http://jlp.nerim.net/dev/6dof/3Dcnxplug-mac.c

Jean-Luc already posted instructions on how to build his plugin.
I built blender using scons on the Mac, MSVC 2005 on Windows. Still have to
tackle Linux. The plugin is loaded by the function window_open_ndof() in
ghostwinlay.c: you have to specify the absolute path to where the plugin
resides.

Hopefully tomorrow I should be able to post my Windows plugin, whose
features are the same of the Mac one.

If it's useful I can post my current Mac build on my personal website.

Ettore