[Bf-committers] Peach Open Movie, call for developer position(s)

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Jun 17 14:48:41 CEST 2007

Hi devs,

(Note; previous mail gives a bit of the big picture).

For project Peach - Furry & Funny - I try to arrange sufficient funding
to have two developers coming over to Amsterdam assisting the team.

One of these people is already known... I've asked Brecht van Lommel to
join the Blender Instutute for at least half a year. He's one of our
important assets, and I'm sure everyone here will welcome him working
full time on Blender. :)

For a 2nd developer - which is at this time unknown if we've got the
money for it - I'd like to do a call for applications on this list
first.

Conditions and circumstances are nearly identical to call for Artists;
http://www.blender.org/blenderorg/blender-foundation/2007-plans/peach-
open-movie/recruitment/

TD (technical director) assignments are:

- In general: assisting the artists on technicial issues (small
development tasks, scripts, bugfixes)
- Proficient in Blender C coding and/or Python scripting
- Being able to manage the studio's svn repository, network, Linux
installs
- Managing the rendering pipeline (incl remote render farm)
- Only limited time for larger coding projects.

I'd like to see a minimum of 2 months for participation, however this
can be discussed, depends on assignment.

If you're interested, mail me personally with at least the information
for how long and what period you're available.

Also note: these opportunities we're going to get a lot more. Also for
internship via your university. I'll even check with google if we can
combine this somehow next year. :)

-Ton-

Ton Roosendaal  Blender Foundation ton at blender.org
http://www.blender.org