[Bf-committers] Replies to blender-cvs mailing list

GSR gsr.b3d at infernal-iceberg.com
Wed Jun 6 01:54:02 CEST 2007

Hi,
theeth at yahoo.com (2007-06-05 at 1558.00 -0700):

> --- GSR <gsr.b3d at infernal-iceberg.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > jesterking at letwory.net (2007-06-04 at 1118.56
> > +0300):
> > > Please stop sending messages to the SVN list, that
> > one is intended for
> > > commit mails only. Replies go to the committers
> > list. Thank you.
> >
> > Otherwise you will have a steady job, sending
> > reminders a couple
> > of times per month. :]
>
> Mails from blender-cvs have "Reply-to:
> bf-committers at blender.org" in their header, email
> clients should just do their job (and they do, because
> AFAIK, the "reminding job" is extremely rare).

Yes, I know, but when I hit reply-to-list, it replies to the list, as
reported by the headers that say "this is list X, archive is here,
etc". To be exact "List-Post: <mailto:bf-blender-cvs at blender.org>" So
apps that implement the concept of lists are getting the wrong info,
the list settings are at fault, not the app. And setting the config to
avoid other posters will be a safety net.

GSR