[Bf-committers] GREYCstoration node for Blender

Alfredo de Greef eeshlo at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 5 21:16:56 CEST 2007

Hi,

I know the CImg library very well, I have been using
it for more than a year now. I really like it, very
easy to work with.
Though I have been using it mostly as a framebuffer
sort of thing for both linux and windows, not really
the processing stuff, except for some minor
experiments.
As for the resize op, that is handled by the 'scale'
comp.node isn't it? Although it isn't really a
high-quality rescale I suppose...

Anyway, as a warmup exercise I have been working on
porting some of the old img.proc. code I still had,
and one of them is a 'denoise' node, one of the
options is based on the old yafray noise filter, which
used to work reasonably well in the past, but the CImg
algo would probably work even better though.
It is of course *not* a magic solution.

What really should be done is to re-implement AO so
that a denoise filter wouldn't be necessary in the
first place.
But I'm sure that one way or another that will happen
eventually anyway...

Alfredo

http://www.greyc.ensicaen.fr/~dtschump/greycstoration/

(http://www.greyc.ensicaen.fr/~dtschump/greycstoration/demonstration.html).