[Bf-committers] MSVC 7.1, compilation problem with readfile.c

Stephen Swaney sswaney at centurytel.net
Sat Jun 2 20:31:37 CEST 2007

On Sat, Jun 02, 2007 at 08:48:27AM -0400, Chris Burt wrote:
> I, for one, am not signed up to this list to get mails full of
> people's compile errors. My personal opinion is that there should
> either be a list specifically dedicated to troubleshooting Blender, or
> that we need to find someone to step forward for support on each
> individual platforms. The former sounds easier than the latter.
>
> I understand its not always easy to alert developers to compiling
> problems but I've seen one too many emails with 200 lines of
> gibberish.

I agree this is NOT the place for user compiling problems with their
associated 200 lines of output.

However, this is a good place to warn of broken builds, something
that does not require pages of output. The first error is the
important one.

Besides, there should be some public shame with breaking the build!

--
Stephen Swaney
sswaney at centurytel.net