[Bf-committers] NDOF -- new commit

Ettore Pasquini ettore_pasquini at 3dconnexion.com
Tue Jul 31 21:21:40 CEST 2007

On 7/31/07 10:57 AM, "Jean-Luc Peurière" <jlp at nerim.net> wrote:

> Le 30 juil. 07 à 19:40, Ettore Pasquini a écrit :
>>
>> Everything works for me except one regression: zoom motions don't seem to be
>> working anymore.
>>

> Hmm. that works here, but sometimes, zoom and only zoom stop working.
> just a little nudge with mouse rotation of the view and it works again.
>
> Investigating why.

BTW I have this issue only on the mac: I don't see it on Linux.

> I just added transform mode, so now my objectives for the siggraph are met

Transform mode movements are a little weird... No matter what the
orientation is, the movements always follow the green/red/blue axes. I guess
this is by design, but it seems really counter-intuitive and hard to use to
me.
I also noticed a bug:
- launch blender and go in transform mode
- move the object a bit
- switch to front view using the View menu:
- notice how the object "gets lost": it disappears completely from the
view... And I am not able to find it anymore!

> For when can you have your binaries ready ?

I finished the changes for Linux - will post the new plugin and patch in a
little bit. Sorry for the delay.

I will have Windows only for tomorrow (Wednesday) evening PDT time, I can't
test my Windoze code until tomorrow.

> I propose to name the executables blender-NDOF.{exe/app}
>
> same for the zip. As it is experimental, no version or special splash.

I agree.

> I want to put in the zip a small text explaining what is in.

I agree. I will prepare separate zip files for the plugins with LGPL text
and a readme file briefly explaining how/where to install the plugin.

> Does 3Dconnexion want some specific text or logo ?

Let me get back to you about this. Apart from the readme files, I believe
blender.org will show 3Dconnexion logo on the website somewhere...

Code wise, the only thing I will do for now is put a 3Dconnexion copyright
in the Linux and Windows sources next to the LGPL block.

> I would like to solve this european Wednesday evening so that we can
> hand the binaries to the web-masters as soon as possible

I hope it will be ok if it's Wed evening PDT. As I said, I really have no
way to test my Windows stuff until tomorrow.

Ettore