[Bf-committers] NDOF -- new commit

Jean-Luc Peurière jlp at nerim.net
Sun Jul 29 23:11:42 CEST 2007

Le 29 juil. 07 à 22:11, Martin Poirier a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> Just tested it, worked alright on first try on Linux
> 32bit (was a bit weird without Dominant Axis, but once
> that was on, it was ok).

Good news.

Olivs had a couple problems where buttons did not seemed
to work

> Couple of comments/bugs:
>
> When rotating the viewport, starting from an aligned
> view (top, bottom, side, ...) keeps the aligned grid
> which is REALLY weird (instead of switching to the
> grid plane).

I see. I will look into that.
the view type is not resetted i think

> It also doesn't respect the Auto-Perspective and
> Around-Selection setting (the first acting like it was
> always off and the second always on).

the second one is a bit by design. We could add a mode for
that
the first one, i dont know if it is desirable

> For panning/zooming, the default speed felt dreadfully
> slow (and there is no zooming multiplier).

the ortho zoom speed is indeed too slow.
the speed seems right for panning here (Os X)

Note you can set independantly speed of rotation
and pan in preférences "view & control" up to 2x
> Also, the axis mapping where a bit unintuitive.
> Panning left/right worked as expected, but up/down was
> mapped to pushing/pulling on the controller. I was
> expecting the controller to act as if it was "sitting"
> on the screen, so left/right pan left/right and
> forward/backward pan up/down (with pushing/pulling
> would control the zoom). Maybe it's just me though,
> but I'd really appreciate if the axis could be
> remapped.

Did you try the other mode (fly) ?
remapping is of course possible, but this setup is what
i'm used in CAD software

> That's about it. It's already petty usable I'd say
> (though using the navigator to move around 2D windows
> would be great too, especially for those pesky big
> nodes/sequencer layout).

I think that 2D windows should be supported too.
  will look into adding that after object transform
and sculpt mode is done.

Is the button setup, one for mode cycle, one for dominant, ok ?

To all : Please state your feature requests for this tool. I cant
think of everything, and if you left it to me, you may find the result
weird ;)

better even, you can code it  ! >;D

the fly mode is not my work, and a bit wrong now i think, but
with potential to be better than the basic turntable.

we can have several modes, for each task

--
lukep
Jean-Luc Peurière
jlp at nerim.net