[Bf-committers] NDOF -- new commit

Martin Poirier theeth at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 29 22:11:03 CEST 2007

Hi,

Just tested it, worked alright on first try on Linux
32bit (was a bit weird without Dominant Axis, but once
that was on, it was ok).

Couple of comments/bugs:

When rotating the viewport, starting from an aligned
view (top, bottom, side, ...) keeps the aligned grid
which is REALLY weird (instead of switching to the
grid plane).

It also doesn't respect the Auto-Perspective and
Around-Selection setting (the first acting like it was
always off and the second always on).

For panning/zooming, the default speed felt dreadfully
slow (and there is no zooming multiplier).

Also, the axis mapping where a bit unintuitive.
Panning left/right worked as expected, but up/down was
mapped to pushing/pulling on the controller. I was
expecting the controller to act as if it was "sitting"
on the screen, so left/right pan left/right and
forward/backward pan up/down (with pushing/pulling
would control the zoom). Maybe it's just me though,
but I'd really appreciate if the axis could be
remapped.

That's about it. It's already petty usable I'd say
(though using the navigator to move around 2D windows
would be great too, especially for those pesky big
nodes/sequencer layout).

Good job.

Martin