[Bf-committers] Peach Open Movie: the TDs!

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Jul 29 17:16:26 CEST 2007

Hi all,

Although most of you know via IRC or other means, here's the official
announcement:

Thanks to a subsidy granted by the Dutch fund "Digital Pioneers" we can
sponsor two developers coming over for the entire duration of the Peach
Open Movie project.
http://www.digitalpioneers.org (Slightly outdated website)

Based on submissions we've picked two experienced developers: Brecht
van Lommel and Campbell Barton. Both will come over to Amsterdam per
october 1 to work in the Blender Institute. Brecht has been offered to
stay for a full year, either as a TD for a next movie project, or just
to happily work full time on Blender code.
Campbell will also be the Blender developer for the Apricot project,
staying for a total of 9 months.

I'm very happy with both of them, to enable them to keep working on
Blender of course, and for the Peach project because both of them
represent skills that complete each other well.

The official press announcement from this Dutch fund has not been sent
out yet, which is reason why I didn't post this on blender.org yet...
not to mention we just have the blog online for a day anyway! :)

Laters,

-Ton-

Ton Roosendaal  Blender Foundation ton at blender.org
http://www.blender.org