[Bf-committers] Trans.: Re: NDOF patch and plugin for Linux

Ettore Pasquini ettore_pasquini at 3dconnexion.com
Sun Jul 15 00:56:51 CEST 2007

> @Ettore:
>
> I'm back from the Libre Software Meeting. Before trying what is quoted after,
> please confirm me these instructions are still valid: I saw there were quite
> a few e-mails on the topic, but not sure if they change anything I'd have to
> test. A few instructions would be welcomed ;-)

Let me recap:

1. http://cubelogic.org/blender/ghost-ndof-linux.patch
This is my first Linux patch and it has already been applied manually to the
ndof branch. (Just do a svn update.) Now, I believe there were errors in the
process because the branch appears corrupted in a couple files, resulting in
compile errors. Hence my following two "fix" patches.

2. http://cubelogic.org/blender/ghost_ndof_fix.patch
This mainly removes an additional invocation to ndofDeviceOpen() along with
minor formatting alignments, so that  ndofDeviceOpen() is called once not
twice.

3. http://cubelogic.org/blender/ghost_ndof_fix_win.patch
Windows only patch. Removes a couple of compile errors on windows.

Jean-Luc, can you apply (2) and (3) to fix the standing problems?

Olivier: so, if you're only working on linux just svn update and at least
apply (2). Then try compiling again. If you still see the errors you
reported, follow the instructions below (please note that the lines below
might be slightly off the indicated 464-484 numbers after applying the
patch):

>>> Or, replace lines 464-484 of the patched GHOST_SystemX11.cpp with the
>>> following:

>>> if (sNdofInfo.currValues) {
>>>   GHOST_TEventNDOFData data;
>>>   data.changed = 1;
>>>   data.delta = xcme.data.s[8] - data.time;
>>>   data.time = xcme.data.s[8];
>>>   data.tx = xcme.data.s[2] >> 4;
>>>   data.ty = xcme.data.s[3] >> 4;
>>>   data.tz = xcme.data.s[4] >> 4;
>>>   data.rx = xcme.data.s[5];
>>>   data.ry = xcme.data.s[6];
>>>   data.rz = xcme.data.s[7];
>>>
>>>   g_event = new GHOST_EventNDOF(getMilliSeconds(),
>>>                                 GHOST_kEventNDOFMotion,
>>>                                 window, data);
>>> } else {

4. http://cubelogic.org/blender/plugin_name.patch
This patch is unrelated to everything else. I'd say apply after everything
compiles. I think it's a useful patch but it assumes the plugin resides in
<blender_exec_dir>/plugins. For details see:

http://lists.blender.org/pipermail/bf-committers/2007-July/018824.html

Hope this helps,

Ettore