[Bf-committers] Compositing from Different Renderers

Aaron Moore two.a.ron at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 01:27:14 CEST 2007

Hi,

Theoretically, it is already possible to composite render layers
together from multiple renderers. I just did a test:

Scene1|RenderLayer1 - Blender Internal-----.

`.--- Mix --- Composite
Scene2|RenderLayer1 - Yafray -----------------`

Well, it crashed blender on my system, but in theory it would work.
Something I'm wondering is, should we keep the concept of a rendering
engine per scene, or should we change this to a rendering engine per
render layer? The system of using multiple scenes would work, and
might even keep things more organized, but I thought it was something
worth bringing up.

Aaron