[Bf-committers] NDOF patch and plugin for Linux

OS olivier.saraja at free.fr
Tue Jul 10 22:39:55 CEST 2007

Hi Ettore,

sorry for my lack of knowledge and background. I still don't have my Space
Navigator, but I tried to compile the plugin and failed. Here's why/how,
perhaps you could explain me better what/how to do, and that would eventually
be useful for the testing of the patch and the plugin.

Le Lundi 9 Juillet 2007 22:41, Ettore Pasquini a écrit :
> Here is finally the plugin and the patch to enable support to 3Dconnexion
> devices on Linux. I've put them on my website for now, feel free to copy
> and transfer everywhere you like.
>
> http://cubelogic.org/blender/3dcnxplug-lin.c
> http://cubelogic.org/blender/ghost-ndof-linux.patch

I made a svn checkout with jean-Luc commitment of your patch.

> - copy the plugin into <BL_ROOT>/intern/ghost/intern/3dcnx/linux

There were no directory 3dcnx/, so I built one, with another linux/ directory
and put the plugin within.

> - build as indicated inside the plugin source code

I got no answer in my console after issuing the specified command:

olivier at olivier-desktop:~/compil/blender-ndof/ndof$ gcc
intern/ghost/intern/3dcnx/linux/3dcnxplug-lin.c -Iintern/ghost -Wall -lc -shared -fvisibility=hidden -o ../build/linux2/spaceplug.plug
olivier at olivier-desktop:~/compil/blender-ndof/ndof$

but I successfully got a spaceplug.plug  in the /build/linux2/ directory.

> - you will still have to specify the path to the plugin inside the
> ghostwinlay.c::window_open_ndof() function and rebuild blender with that.

I find a ghostwinlay.c in source/blender/src/ but no function
window_open_ndof() within so I stopped there. I made a string search
for /window_open_ndof() in the whole source code but couldn't find it

There are probably a few things I did wrong, feel free to tell me and I'd be
glad to experiment further.

> - the driver must be running before you start blender

how to run the plugin before starting blender?

> Feel free to report any issues and comments.

Hope this is helpful.

--
Olivier