[Bf-committers] Patch #3760 Regression in 2.44

Early Ehlinger early at respower.com
Sun Jul 8 16:01:53 CEST 2007

Hi All,

I just spent a couple of hours adding Blender_Trace statements (See
Patch 6161) to hunt down a crash in Blender 2.44 for a customer.  It
turns out that G.vd is NULL, and the check for G.vd being NULL was
removed sometime between Jan '06 and Blender 2.44.

My guess is this happened when the following snip was moved from
BIF_do_render to do_render, but that's just a guess:

            if(G.vd->lay & 0xFF000000) {
                G.scene->lay |= G.vd->lay;
                G.scene->r.scemode |= R_SINGLE_LAYER;
            }
            else G.scene->lay= G.vd->lay;

Can anybody else confirm that this is a problem?  I'm waiting for my
customer to give permission to use his .blend file, which reproduces it
every time, but I suspect that Cory's script from Jan'06 will do the
trick, too.

In the meantime, I'll see if I can get current CVS going and submit a
patch against it.

-- ResPower Support