[Bf-committers] stop motion in blender

Joe Eagar joeedh at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 21:40:29 CEST 2007

Shaul Kedem wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  It looks like blender sequencer can easily become a stop motion
> environment, all it needs is a live preview of a webcam/camera/feed
> and a "freeze" button which will take a snapshot, store it somewhere
> and put it as a frame in the sequencer.
>
>  Have anyone done something like this? How hard would it be to do it?
>
> Shaul

Well, you'd have to write platform-specific webcam interfacing code,
which would be kindof annoying.

However, blender is most definitely not meant as a photography-based
stop motion animation suite :)
That's not the purpose of blender, so I highly doubt something like what
you suggest will ever happen;
*unless* theres some additional benefit to doing it.

Joe