[Bf-committers] extending Blender/Yafray Python API

Dietrich Bollmann diresu at web.de
Wed Jul 4 07:48:25 CEST 2007

On Thu, 2007-06-07 at 11:15 +0200, Arne Schmitz wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 6. Juni 2007 06:32 schrieb Dietrich Bollmann:
> > I wrote some new functions for the Blender/Yafray Python API with the
> > idea to make all Yafray GUI options readable and settable from the
> > Python API.
>
> Thanks, I will take a look at this in the next few days!

Hi Arne,

I finally submitted the patch on the patch tracker:
https://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=6909&group_id=9&atid=127

By the way - does it make sense to extend the Blender/Yafray Python API
as recently all efforts seem to go to yaf(a)ray and not to yafray
anymore?  And how about the new Render API - probably this entails
a rewrite of the Blender/Yafray Python API anyway?  And than there
is also the `bpy' module
( http://www.blender.org/documentation/244PythonDoc/Bpy-module.html )
- should I rather try to work with / extend this one?

Dietrich

PS:
As this mail comes a month after the original posting,
here the link of the thread I am responding to:
http://lists.blender.org/pipermail/bf-committers/2007-June/thread.html#18581 .