[Bf-committers] game-engine screenshots with occluded windows

Johannes Wolter jw at inutil.org
Tue Jul 3 14:37:32 CEST 2007

Hi,

I hope I found the right mailinglist for my question. (I didn't find a
specific game-engine list)
My problem is, that I want to take a screenshot (using the Python API), while
the the game-engine's window is occluded by another window or even minimized.

Right now it seems to me that the Python-call "Rasterizer.takeScreenShot()"
dumps the framebuffer with "glReadPixels". Is it somehow possible to access
the to be displayed "image" before it is "merged" with data from other X11
windows in the framebuffer. (Do I need the software renderer (MESA?) for this
task?)
As you probably see I'm not an expert in OpenGL; so thanks for any hint you
can give me on how to solve this problem (or if it is at all possible).

Cheers,
Johannes