[Bf-committers] GPLv3 Released (for license gurus).

GSR gsr.b3d at infernal-iceberg.com
Sun Jul 1 20:07:56 CEST 2007

Hi,
theeth at yahoo.com (2007-07-01 at 1001.41 -0700):
> Yes, we allow later versions, but it would become a
> problem if libraries we link with do not.

Allowing is not forcing, and the resposability is in the distributor,
so if "at his option" someone decides to place himself in a
uncompatible position, it is his problem. OTOH, removing the option
can mean in the future it can (or worse, must) be added back because
the libraries changed. I do not see a problem, instead doing changes
sounds like wasting time.

GSR