[Bf-committers] GPLv3 Released (for license gurus).

Shaul Kedem shaul.kedem at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 17:33:25 CEST 2007

On 7/1/07, Campbell Barton <cbarton at metavr.com> wrote:
> * how much of our code if any has the 'or later' clause?

Sounds like a double edged sword to me..

> * do we care about 'tivoization'?

I think it is worth thinking about, scenarios which come to mind: a
farm which gives special rendering services over blender but won't
open the code, hardware with blender optimizations which don't share
the code, blender game engine used as the bases of a console (yeah, I
know that right now this all sounds like a leap)

> * is there anything regarding software patent deals that effects us?

donno

> * what projects does blender use that v2/3 conflicts might happen?

I don't think it's projects that are the concern here, its more of
previous code submitted under one version that now (all of a sudden)
needs to comply with another. Also, note that by saying "I adhere to
GPL V3" Is *not* like saying "I follow GPL 3 and all future versions
of GPL" - from the submitter point of view, these are two different
things.