[Bf-committers] Approving the Basic Render API

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Jul 1 13:53:39 CEST 2007

Hi Aaron,

Wow, this is a giant leap forward compared to the previous docs.
Compliments!

I'm not going to pick on details now, since I think you should just
start testing the design with coding work now, which will always give a
couple of itterations based on practical usage. I'm also curious to see
ideas working first... lengthy discussions in advance can be
destructive for inspired summer work. :)

Do note that I think your "Displease Everyone Equally" approach is
challenging... we have very high demands on speed of internal render,
and hopefully that won't be sacrificed.

Thanks,

-Ton-