[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/release/scripts uvpaint.py knife.py disp_paint.py animation_empties2armature.py

jmsoler at free.fr jmsoler at free.fr
Mon Jan 29 12:22:02 CET 2007

Selon Campbell Barton <cbarton at metavr.com>:

> campbellbarton (Campbell Barton) 2007/01/29 11:20:21 CET
>
>   Removed files:
>     blender/release/scripts uvpaint.py knife.py disp_paint.py
>                             animation_empties2armature.py
>
>   Log:
>   removing redundant scripts because of new features in blender after
> discussion with LetterRip.
>
>   disp_paint.py - Displacement modifier and sculpt mode replace.
>   uv_paint.py - making can be used to write colors to an image.
>   animation_empties2armature.py - Was made when BVH importer could not import
> direct to armature, Resulting animation has visible errors, errors have been
> known about for a long time and not fixed.
>   knife.py - Old slow code, No Multi-UV's, We now have a knife tool that has
> snap!
>
>   If anyone wants to maintain these scripts and have them added back in, mail
> the bf-python ML.
>
>   Scripts that are removed can be found here.hen

these scripts were maintened, and are always maintened, at least uvpaint an
disp_paint . they have a lot of other features than baking colors or
displacement . No more comment about this, it seems that you too happy to remove
them .

http://projects.blender.org/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/blender/release/scripts/Attic/?cvsroot=bf-blender

I am the author of the scripts uvpaint an disp_paints and you, or letterrip,
have no  right to attribute these scripts to anybody else .  Please, respect the
GPL licence .

As for other scripts that you did not update in the bundle since months, the
last version can be found on my site :
http://jmsoler.free.fr/didacticiel/blender/tutor/cpl_uvpainting_en.htm
http://jmsoler.free.fr/didacticiel/blender/tutor/cpl_displacementpainting_en.htm