[Bf-committers] Crease in multires

Nicholas Bishop nicholasbishop at gmail.com
Sun Jan 21 09:41:05 CET 2007

> How can creasing be done at higher levels? it's a interpolated hardness
> factor, it doesn't just make hard lines.  In fact, only about half the
> time (or less) do I use a full crease of 100%.
My point here was that since the subdivided vertices of a multires
mesh can be edited (unlike with subsurf) the mesh can be artificially
creased (e.g. by using the pinch brush in sculptmode.)

> Also, this doesn't just not use creases, it also destroys the crease
> values themselves, which is bad.  This causes unexpected (and unwanted)
> behavior for users.
Agreed. I'll take a look at this.

> Btw (and speaking in a long-term perspective) is there a reason why
> CCG_SubSurf isn't used in the first place?  It already has proven
> results, and isn't all *that* hard to use (the best way is to take one
> of the mesh<->ccgmesh functions in subsurf.c and use it as an example).
No, there's no reason not to use it that I know of. If I were just
starting work multires today, I probably would use it (and indeed,
that's something I intend to do after this release.)

-Nicholas