[Bf-committers] Crease in multires

Joe Eagar joeedh at gmail.com
Sun Jan 21 06:35:50 CET 2007

Nicholas Bishop wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure this should really be considered a show-stopper bug.
> Remember that multires (unlike subsurf) can be edited at higher
> levels, so it is possible to crease the mesh (just not automatically.)
> Moreover, this has rarely come up as a critical problem from users
> testing multires.
>
> This is not to say it's not a desirable feature, but it's a little
> late in the release cycle to mess around with issues like this. I
> would suggest this issue be put on the todo list for the next release.
> Comments?
>
> -Nicholas
How can creasing be done at higher levels? it's a interpolated hardness
factor, it doesn't just make hard lines.  In fact, only about half the
time (or less) do I use a full crease of 100%.

Also, this doesn't just not use creases, it also destroys the crease
values themselves, which is bad.  This causes unexpected (and unwanted)
behavior for users.

Btw (and speaking in a long-term perspective) is there a reason why
CCG_SubSurf isn't used in the first place?  It already has proven
results, and isn't all *that* hard to use (the best way is to take one
of the mesh<->ccgmesh functions in subsurf.c and use it as an example).

Joe