[Bf-committers] Crease in multires

Joe Eagar joeedh at gmail.com
Sun Jan 21 06:03:27 CET 2007

Hi.  Multires doesn't implement crease; this is bad.  As I see it, there
are too solutions to this problem: make multires use CCG_SubSurf for
subdivision, or else implement natively in the code.

Frankly, I think multires should use CCG_Subsurf; code duplication of
this sort is not good.  Nick: if you want to look at creasing
algorithms, you can see the one blender uses in the original hypermesh
subsurfer, might be easier to understand then ccgsubsurf, at:

http://projects.blender.org/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/blender/source/blender/blenkernel/intern/Attic/subsurf.c?cvsroot=bf-blender&only_with_tag=blender-2-35a-release

and of course you have CCG_SubSurf in your own sourcetree (it's in
source/blender/blenkernel/intern).

Joe