[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/render/intern/source rendercore.c blender/source/blender/src meshtools.c

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Sun Jan 21 05:15:22 CET 2007

On 20/01/2007, at 12:32 AM, Ton Roosendaal wrote:

> ton (Ton Roosendaal) 2007/01/19 14:32:43 CET
>
>   Log:
>   Bugfix #5750
>
>   <sob>the 'time cursor' for bake-render has to go... it is being
> called
>   inside of a thread (even whilst thread is mutex locked), but
> that's not
>   supported in X11. It might be even instable in OSX/Windows even...

I say good riddance!

For one it was confusing since it was inconsistently reusing the
visual meaning of the time cursor that means 'frames are changing',
and it was also totally cryptic to anyone who hasn't read (or has
forgotten) that line in the log that gives you some number <-> mesh
faces conversion ratio.

But really, it's not very useful information anyway. It would be much
more practical to use a progress bar that gives a visual indication
of how it's progressing, and how much more is remaining to go. I
would be much more interested in whether I was going to have to wait
for 5 minutes before I can continue work, than how many faces are
involved, which may render at any arbitrary kind of speed, depending
on the shading involved.

cheers

Matt

Matt Ebb . matt at mke3.net . http://mke3.net