[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/release/plugins/sequence blur.c color-correction-hsv.c color-correction-yuv.c scatter.c

paprmh paprmh at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 22:32:18 CET 2007

The solution is not to recompile the plugins ;) ... peter has made every
effort to make the new sequencer
backwords compatible with the old plugins.

In fact, the imbuf offset trick only works if the plugins are not
recompiled... it's a bit complicated...

you can't just recompile plugins anymore and expect them to work...some of
the newer (v4) plugins will update gracefully
but the rest have to be almost completely recoded before they can be safely
recompiled

If you took a non float aware plugin (v3) and recompiled with new cvs, it
will segfault because blender will think
that it is float aware because it will show up as ver 5.  If you hardcode
ver 3 (which tells blender it is not float aware)
into the plugin, you will still segfault because you compiled it with a v 5
imbuf instead of the v3 imbuf that blender
will expect to work with.

so each old plugin has to have its rect working code duplicated for
rect_float plus alot of these older plugins still use old
depreciated mem allocation code that needs to be updated.

I just spent 2 days just trying to get the old blur plugin updated and
working (yeah, I know, most of you could have
done it in an hour)  but in my defense, I found that one major bug that
drove me nuts ( short trip ) wasn't in the plugin code
but was actually a couple of bugs in scaling.c .  My version seems to work
ok but it still seems that the gamma control
doesn't work and I had to comment out the field blur part because it was
still buggy.

no, I didn't post a bug report for scaling.c...but I did email my patch for
blur.c and scaling .c to sirdude...