[Bf-committers] Re: 64 bits Blender

Jingyuan Huang jingyuan.huang at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 03:43:38 CET 2007

The Blender Janitor project would be perfect for people like me who
would like to contribute but are still new to the application.

I have been reading mailing list for a little while and reading some
parts of the blender code as well as wiki. Unfortunately I haven't
written any patches though I do have some vague ideas in my mind. I'm
also a bit hesitant whether to start coding or not due to my lack of
knowledge (it's hard for new devs to identify the difficulty of a
problem and the time line for it.) It would be nice if there's a
special to-do list with relatively simple problems and new developers
can start with those tasks first.

On 1/19/07, pangelo at dcc.online.pt <pangelo at dcc.online.pt> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I've been looking for some time now for a good project to start grokking
> the blender sources and this message reminded me of the "Kernel
> Janitors" project <http://janitor.kernelnewbies.org/>.
>
> Starting a similar "Blender Janitors" project could be a good way to
> both attract new developers and improve the quality of submitted code.
>
> However, this would require the involvement of at least a couple of very
> experienced Blender hackers to guide the new coders around the sources
> and review all the patches.
>
> I'm willing to help set this up if anyone thinks it could be a good
> idea.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Pedro Ângelo
> pangelo at dcc.online.pt