[Bf-committers] Re: 64 bits Blender

pangelo at dcc.online.pt pangelo at dcc.online.pt
Sat Jan 20 02:22:35 CET 2007

On Fri, 2007-01-19 at 15:45 -0600, Timothy Baldridge wrote:
> I'll drink to that! Ton's defiantly kept this thing alive thought the years.
>
> The test thing wouldn't work also because theres always the
> no-ones-looking-so-I'll-code-sloppy-only-this-one-time factor.
>
> But that being said, how hard would it be to setup a board of a few
> guys that just review code. I think Linux does that to some extent.
>
> Tim

Hello all,

I've been looking for some time now for a good project to start grokking
the blender sources and this message reminded me of the "Kernel
Janitors" project <http://janitor.kernelnewbies.org/>.

Starting a similar "Blender Janitors" project could be a good way to
both attract new developers and improve the quality of submitted code.

However, this would require the involvement of at least a couple of very
experienced Blender hackers to guide the new coders around the sources
and review all the patches.

I'm willing to help set this up if anyone thinks it could be a good
idea.

Cheers,

Pedro Ângelo
pangelo at dcc.online.pt