[Bf-committers] 64 bits Blender

Timothy Baldridge tbaldridge at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 23:59:28 CET 2007

How about -ithinkiknowbetterthanthedevelopersandIwanttodothisevenifitshouldntbedone
?

That'd probably work. :-)

Tim

On 1/19/07, Ken Hughes <khughes at pacific.edu> wrote:
> Ton Roosendaal wrote:
>
> > To warn developers/users for this situation I've added a line of code in
> > Blender that exits when you compile a 64 bits, with this message:
> >
> > "64 bits compiles will give incorrectly saved .blend files. Do not use
> > it. For testing purposes please remove this line from creator.c"
> >
> > This exiting is a bit unfriendly yes, but it's easy to locate this line
> > and remove it for your own compiles. At least people then cannot claim
> > they didn't know. :)
>
> Couldn't we add a command line switch (do Windows and OSX have command
> lines?) to override this?  I'd hate to remove the line, then sometime
> later forget and accidentally commit the file.  Something along the
> lines of the glxgears option "-printfps" or
> "-iacknowledgethatthistoolisnotabenchmark"
>
> Ken

Windows: A 64-bit service pack to a 32-bit extension and GUI shell to
a 16-bit patch to an 8-bit operating system originally coded for a
4-bit microprocessor and sold by a 2-bit company that can't stand one
bit of competition.