[Bf-committers] 64 bits Blender

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Fri Jan 19 21:48:22 CET 2007

Hi,

See it as a quality issue; people nowadays expect from Blender to work
on a much higher level than years ago. They expect (and should get)
from a 64 bits Blenders the same as for a 32 bits version.

For individuals who work with Blender and don't spread/exchange files,
nor work in teams, nor use it for projects demanding allocations of > 4
gig, the 64 bits version is pretty much OK. :)

> So, the question still remains, is there something that group can
> tackle, or is this simply a "Almighty Ton Only" coding job?

Haha, not so much the 'almighty' thing here is in place. Just someone
with a lot of time, who knows the code and what the issues are :)

I'll definitely do this work this year, or help someone to do it
instead. Let's make it a target for next release, ok?

-Ton-