[Bf-committers] 64 bits Blender

Timothy Baldridge tbaldridge at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 21:07:10 CET 2007

I guess I'm out of the loop, what happened to the SDNA that caused the
sudden issue? I thought it was caused by a lack of foresight back in
the infant days of blender. Which doesn't sound like Ton at all.

Anyone want to enlighten me on the specifics?

Timothy

On 1/19/07, Alexander Ewering <blender at instinctive.de> wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Jan 2007, Ton Roosendaal wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I cannot emphasise enough that Blender is not 64 bits safe yet. Files you
>
> What disturbs me here is the word "yet", which should be "anymore". I guess
> the way to prevent such problems from occuring in the future is better
> documentation on SDNA and a list of hints what to avoid when changing
> structs, and... well... a general course for new coders on how
> computers and pointers work ;-)
>
> | alexander ewering              instinctive mediaworks
> | xx-mail.com/instinctive     http://www.instinctive.de

Windows: A 64-bit service pack to a 32-bit extension and GUI shell to
a 16-bit patch to an 8-bit operating system originally coded for a
4-bit microprocessor and sold by a 2-bit company that can't stand one
bit of competition.