[Bf-committers] 6dof support - where to get involved? Is it possible?

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Thu Jan 18 14:01:25 CET 2007

Hi,

 > On 18 Jan, 2007, at 10:25, randomJavaTroll wrote:

You could start with considering to take another nick name, and at
least sign your mails with a real name? :)

> Dear Blender team,
> I am proposing you to do an enhancement which some other modern 3d
> modelling apps have since long. I tried to talk with one of the
> developers involved with the 6dof patch, and stopped to get answers
> since about a month, not even "go ask elsewhere" or "we do not need
> your help". I tried to discuss it on this list, no single answer.

There's not many people using such devices, and those who have might be
too busy. We are also moving to a release soon. Have a bit patience
please!

> Could you tell me why? Is this the wrong list to ask things like that?
> Or don't you want the 6dof api at all? Or what?

We like this for sure. The typical way is that you create code for it,
and propose it as a patch.

> BTW, I have just read some discussion regarding the existing 6dof
> patch.
>
> The author was willing to help, even splitted the patch to extract the
> fully open source part, and still, was rejected. Why? I do not believe
> the license problem argumentation, because the part of the patch was
> fully open source, and still, you ignored it.

I really have no memory of this, can you quote the discussion or give a
link?

-Ton-

Ton Roosendaal  Blender Foundation ton at blender.org
http://www.blender.org