[Bf-committers] A high quality 6dof input support in Blender - new project?

randomJavaTroll randomjavatroll at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 13:49:33 CET 2007

Hello. I would want to add a configurable 6dof input in Blender, for devices
with 6 position/rotation change velocities like Spaceball and devices with
mixed velocities and direct positions/rotations.

The current state is a simple Spaceball-specific patch, not approved by the
blender team by the way because it is Spaceball-specific.

The project I would want to do is to remove the Spaceball-specific code,
clean the patch, add the configurability and the support for direct
positions/rotations.

Note that I discuss only the 6dof API, NOT any HID/USB/proprietary DLL
support.

My question is, is there any 6dof API developed now, or is only the patch
available? Are there any developers that work or would want to work on a
similar issue?

Thanks for any help.