[Bf-committers] state of OS X (and possibly linux) build documentation

Tom M letterrip at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 00:38:46 CET 2007

before release I think it would be a good idea to have clear build
documents for OS X 10.3 and 10.4 PPC and OS X 10.4 intel

halley has done a good start on OS X intel docs, although a bit
sparse, but there appears to be no good OS X ppc build documentation
that I can find for any of the three methods

CMake, Scons, or Make

on the other hand there are a number of clear tutorials for building
blender with

Windows

MSVC Scons
MSVC CMake
Cygwin make
Cygwin Scons
Mingw Scons
Mingw makefiles

and a clear guide for ubuntu

If I'm mistaken about the state of build documentation for OS X and
linux platforms - please do point me to locations that have complete
documentation that can be easily followed by someone new to blender
source and possibly new to the build systems available.

Thanks

LetterRip