[Bf-committers] sunday meeting summary

Tom M letterrip at gmail.com
Sun Jan 14 17:18:52 CET 2007

Ton has two items on his todo before bcon4

* buttons/panel for custom properties
* cache limitor for new image code

the second item might get punted to after 2.43

We are doing a cumulative contributors list

* contributors list http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php/List_of_Contributors

It should be real names only and is very much a work in progress and I
am sure that lots of contributors are missing still (also currently
the contibutors list in the second section is just a listing of
docboard so some errors, and miscategorized, etc.).  For significant
contributors past and current I'd also like to list a few of the
important contributions.

I'd like to ensure that we are getting due credit for behind the
scenes people - such as major documentation writers and translators
and website and wiki maintainers - those who don't get the glory of
writing code :)

Also I added a 'New major contributors' that will have those who have
made their first major contribution to Blender that release cycle.

* release notes - we need to document all new features

* Ton would like to freeze tuesday if everyone agrees

* Also he would like to get the bug tracker low - preferably to 20ish
or so, but definitely below 50 :) If a item in the tracker is more a
todo, please move it to the todo list

so; tuesday cvs freeze, fixing bugs, make more release logs... thats
the targets for this week