[Bf-committers] yafray code maintenance

Arne Schmitz arne.schmitz at gmx.net
Wed Jan 10 16:53:30 CET 2007

Am Mittwoch, 10. Januar 2007 11:31 schrieb Ton Roosendaal:
> We need two things as a minimum;
>
> - a developer who keeps track of a working yafray export and plugin
>    (also to ensure changes in blender don't break yafray export)
> - a developer who can review bugs reported related to Yafray
> export/plugin

Yes, I think I could do this.

> And a third thing optional:
> - improve or further develop the yafray export/plugin
>    (includes working on design of a new generic exporting API)

I could do this, after I have gotten used to doing the first two things, and
when I know the blender source a bit more. At the moment I only have a very
coarse idea of what is going on. I already tweaked a bit the Yafray export
once or twice, to fit my personal needs, but my knowledge is not that deep.

> The first two issues won't take too much time for a developer... and
> very important for us to know the yafray side in Blender is being
> backupped. Would you consider to do this?

Yes, I think I will at least try to to do this. What are the next steps?

Arne

--
Dipl.-Inform. Arne Schmitz              Phone   +49 (0)241 80-21817
Computer Graphics Group                 Fax     +49 (0)241 80-22899