[Bf-committers] yafray code maintenance

Alfredo de Greef eeshlo at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 10 00:40:26 CET 2007

--- Ton Roosendaal <ton at blender.org> wrote:
> I am not sure what 'taken of the list' would imply.
> I guess you'd like
> to keep committing rights (I hope so), but just not
> be listed as
> official maintainer for yafray.

Well, I'm not aware of having commit rights for
anything else but the yafray code.
I may have contributed more than that, but all of it
was committed by others, not me.
(as you know I still am quite clueless when it comes
to what my commit rights actually are, see earlier
post in the dof node thread las month that Tom M was
brave enough to try to explain :)

Of course, this could change in the future... so I
guess for that it is ok stay on the list.

> That brings Yafray support in a difficult area... if
> we cannot support
> this officially anymore, we should remove it from
> official release
> builds... until it's back in control.

I'm kind of confused why you closed the bugs or why
yafray now is not supported anymore. The plugin issue
I can understand, that has always been a problem. But
I don't see how I couldn't have solved the dupliframes
bug.
Yafray support code still basically works as it
should,  except for a few minor problems like these,
but that has always been the case, if that is a
problem, then it never should have been supported in
the first place.

But anyway, as I said, Lynx is working on a new and
improved yafray version, and also should have less
problems interfacing with blender too.
But until there is a version that is stable enough
(also with regard with its export code), I don't
really see why yafray should be disabled until that
time.

Alfredo